Family-Friendly Workplace Award
The Brian Klinefelter Foundation recognizes that the importance of developing family-friendly workplaces. An important part of the Brian Klinefelter Foundation’s “Family-Friendly Workplace” initiative is to recognize those companies that are leading the way in creating a better work-life environment, and to inspire companies that are just beginning to implement policies and practices that will help them attract and retain talent to boost their bottom line.
The Brian Klinefelter Foundation will present the BKF Family-Friendly Workplace Award to businesses in Central Minnesota that demonstrate leadership and innovation in creating family-friendly environments for their employees. In addition, the Brian Klinefelter Foundation will present a First Steps Award to organizations that are still at an early stage in implementing work-life policies and practices.
As a recipient of the BKF Family-Friendly Workplace Award, your organization will benefit from the following:
- Listed and promoted as a Family-Friendly Employer in the Foundation’s marketing efforts, including its website (www.growgreatkids.org).
- Press release and congratulatory advertisement in local media.
- Presentation of the Family-Friendly Workplace Award during an annual awards dinner. The nominators of the winners will also be invited and recognized.
- High-quality plaque and window cling to be displayed at your place of business.
- Invitation to present at local, state and national events on successful family-friendly workplace practices.
Type: Anyone may nominate an employer (for-profit, not-for-profit, government, etc.). Once nominated, organizations will be sent an application to fill out.
Size: Organizations will be evaluated against the selection criteria as well as other organizations of same/similar size.
Timeframe: Nomination deadline is June1, 20010 Winners will be notified by June 31, 2010.
The Foundation will look at a variety of factors when determining the Brian Klinefelter Family-Friendly Workplace Award; however, it is essential for businesses to demonstrate the following for consideration:
- An assessment of employee needs, preferably through a process that includes an employee survey
- Formally address employee needs pertaining to family-friendly workplace values
- Involve employees in the process
- Provide at least one work-life balance program in the areas of flexible work arrangements, dependent care, family and wellness policies, and/or financial assistance
The Brian Klinefelter Foundation Board of Directors will review the applications and select the recipients.
If an organization has completed some of the necessary steps to becoming a family-friendly workplace, then the Brian Klinefelter Family-Friendly First Steps Award may be given. Organizations wishing to receive either award should apply for the workplace award and fill out the nomination form at www.growgreatkids.org. Upon receipt of a nomination form, companies will be sent a detailed application.
Congratulations to the 2009 BKF Workplace Award Winners